Aloo Tamatar Ka Jhol
Aloo tamatar ka jhol, curry made from potato and tomatoes is very easy to prepare and is full of nutrition and taste. Preparing this dish is very easy and this dish can be prepared at times when you have less time for cooking.
- Potatoes - 250 grams
- Onion - 50 grams
- Tomatoes - 100 grams
- Ginger - 2 cm piece (finely chopped)
- Garlic - 4 to 5 cloves
- Red chili powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Ghee - < tea cup
How To Prepare
- Put the frying pan on a moderate flame. Pour the ghee and allow it to get hot. Add cumin and fenugreek seeds in the hot oil. When the seeds start crackling add garlic cloves and chopped ginger.
- Stir-fry till the garlic and ginger turns slightly brownish. Now add chopped onion. Fry until onion becomes tender. Add red chili and turmeric powders, chopped tomatoes, and fry for a couple of minutes, till tomatoes become soft.
- Add one teacup of water, add pealed and big pieces of potatoes and garam masala and cook for about 10 minutes in moderate flame.
- Add 2-tea cup or more water and salt to taste and cook on slow fire for another 10 minutes until potatoes get tender. Remove from fire and sprinkle chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot.
Aloo Daal Pakora
Aloo Daal Pakora is served as a snack. It is one of the favorite snacks of the local people of Kumaon. This dish is prepared by making a cylindrical role and dipping that in beaten egg white. Later it is coated with breadcrumbs and deep fried in oil. It is served with chutney or tea.Read more
Arsa is normally prepared and served as a sweet dish during the wedding occassions and also presented to bride's in-law house along with other items. This is a custom which can be seen in weddings. Now a days people can find this dish selling in markets of Dehradun.Read more
Baadi is made from Kwada ka Aata popularly known as Choon or Mandua flour which is black in color. Baadi is best eaten with Gahat ki dal or Phaanu. This dish is tasty as well as health to eat.Read more
Bhaang ki Chatni
Bhaang ki Chutney is a tasty sour chutney prepared with roasted Bhang seeds (Hemp Seeds) and cumin seeds (Sauf), mixed with Lemon juice. Preparing this dish is easy and requires ingredients that are easily available at home.Read more
Chainsoo is prepared by using black gram daal. Normally due to the high protein content in this daal it is difficult to digest. However it is said that the bad effect gets nullified by roasting. Similar preparation with slight variation is made out of black bhat (a varity of soyabeen), but in that case it is called bhatwani.Read more
Gahat (Kulath) Soup
Gahat (Kulath) Soup is prepared from Gahat ( Kulth) Grains. Gahat (Kulath) Soup is very nutritious and also beneficial for kidney stone patients. This dish is prepared by first keeping boiled Gahat grain that are soaked overnight in a pan with Garam Masala.Read more
Gahat (Kulath) Rasmi Badi (Kofta) is nutritious and also beneficial for kidney stone patients. This dish is prepared by makinge rough paste of overnight soaked Gahat dal that is mixed with little spices and chopped green chilies in the paste.Read more
Gahat Ki Daal
Daal prepared from Gahat, tempered with Gandharein (Angelica Glabris), Asafoetida (Hing) and Cumin (Sauf) seeds. Gahat (Kulath) daal adds taste to your daily food and have health benefits as well. It is beneficial for patients having kidney stone.Read more