Arsa is normally prepared and served as a sweet dish during the wedding occassions and also presented to bride's in-law house along with other items. This is a custom which can be seen in weddings.
- Rice flour (Chawal ka atta) - 2 cups
- Butter Oil (Ghee) - 150 grams
- Resins - 100 grams
- Sugar - 1 1/2 cups
- Water - 1 cup
How To Prepare
- Heat the water and dissolve the sugar in warm water. Allow the solution to cool and sieve it through a muslin cloth. Set aside.
- Add the sugar solution gradually kneeding the rice flour into a soft dough. Place an iron frying pan (kadhai) on a moderate flame. Pour about 100 grams ghee in it. When the ghee gets moderately hot deep fry small poorie like arsas made out of the dough.
- Cook each arsa till it becomes brown. Remove off the flame.