This is a green curry which can be served in lunch or dinner and is eaten with Bread, Pita, Roti & Boiled Rice. This is a dish, which is very sumptuous as well as nutritious since it is a special preparation of Spinach.
- Spinach - 1 Kg.
- Curd - 300 gms.
- Chilly Powder - 50 gms.
- Turmeric Powder - 20 gms
- Hot Spices - 50 gms
- Cumin seeds - 20gms
- Asafetida (Pinch)
- Butter - 50 gms
- Salt to Taste
- Rice Paste 20 gms.
How To Prepare
- Wash the Spinach and chop it roughly and boil.
- Heat the Butter, add cumin seeds and Asafetida.
- When seeds crackle, add Chilly Powder and Turmeric Powder.
- Fry the spices well.
- Add boiled spinach and cook a little.
- Add Beaten Curd and required amount of Water and thicken with Rice Paste.
- Cook well, Add Salt and Hot Spices and serve.
- Rice paste can be prepared by soaking the rice in plain water for about 3 hrs. and then grinding it in a Grinder to form a smooth Paste. Mix enough water so as to make a thick Paste.