Rus is a Kumaoni delicacy prepared with mixed dal stock, thickened by Rice paste and served with Rice. Pulses are high in potassium. Including more potassium-rich foods in your diet can lower blood pressure. Pulses are a great source of protein. This means they can be particularly important for people who do not get their share of protein by eating meat, fish or dairy products.
- Bhatt(Black Soyabean) - 50 gms
- Gahat (Kulath) - 50 gms
- Rajma - 50 gms
- Channa - 50gms
- Urad - 50 gms
- Rice - 30 gms
- Ginger - 30 gms
- Garlic - 5-6 Flakes
- Cumin seeds - 1 Tea Spoon
- Cloves - 5-6
- Black pepper - 1 = Tea spoon
- Hot Spice - = Tea Spoon
- Green Coriander - = Bunch
How To Prepare
- Soak Rice overnight and grind into fine paste
- Soak dals overnight and boil in plenty of water, till tender
- Make fine paste of black pepper, cloves, Ginger, Garlic And Cumin Seeds
- Fry the ground paste in Oil for sometime
- Add dal extract (Stock) and thicken it with Rice paste and cook it for 10-15 minutes.
- Add hot spice.
- Garnish it with chopped Green Coriander and Boiled Rice.